Internal Competition Rules
The following are applicable to all internal competitions –
- Please note that only the top six scores from your competition entries will count towards the club Photographer of the Year award.
- Each member may submit up to 3 images.
- The photograph should have been captured within not more than 4 years before the date of the competition.
- The photograph cannot be submitted in any internal competition more than once.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute the Club Committee will provide the final ruling.
- Where the competition specifies prints –
- They should be no less than 48 sq in in area. This is the equivalent of a 6 x 8 inch (15 x 20 cm approximately) print.
- They cannot exceed 20” x 16” (50 cm x 40 cm) which is to include the mount.
- They must be mounted, either surface or bevel cut.
- The name of the author, title and date the photograph was taken should be clearly stated on the back of the mount using label available from the club. The label can be downloaded from the club website.
- Where the competition specifies digital images –
- The image should not exceed 1400 (wide) by 1050 (high) pixels when displayed. If you are uncertain how to reduce the size of your images, please submit the full size versions to the Competition Secretarywho will arrange for the necessary reduction.
- The image should be in JPG format and with minimum compression.
- The name of the author, title and date the photograph was taken should be clearly stated. It is suggested that, along with the images the author should include a notepad files of the image filenames, any titles and the date each was taken.
- Images should be submitted by CD, DVD, memory card or USB stick or e-mail to the Competition Secretary at least one week prior to the competition. Last dates for submission will be noted in the diary. No submissions will be accepted on the night of the competition.