Internal Competition Rules revised Sept. 2019
The following are applicable to all internal competitions –
- There are 8 Photographer of the year competitions, 7 of which are marked out of 60 and the Themed Panel competition out of 20. The Themed Panel competition will count towards POTY scores (cannot be dropped). Of the 7 remaining competitions the lowest score will be dropped for the purposes of the POTY league table.
- Each member may submit up to 3 images.
- The photograph should have been captured within not more than 4 years before the date of the competition.
- The photograph cannot be submitted in any internal POTY competition more than once.
- In the unlikely event of a dispute the Club Committee will provide the final ruling.
- Where the competition specifies prints –
- They should be no less than 48 sq in in area. This is the equivalent of a 6 x 8 inch (15 x 20 cm approximately) print. Please measure the size of your print and record the size in square cm on the print label – must be greater than 300 sq cm.
- They cannot exceed 20” x 16” (50 cm x 40 cm) which is to include the mount.
- They must be mounted, either surface or bevel cut.
- The name of the author, title, print size in sq cm and date the photograph was taken should be clearly stated on the back of the mount using label available from the club. The label can be downloaded from the club website.
- Submission – Prior to submitting prints on the night, digital images (in PDI size) conforming to the requirements in paragraph 8 below must be sent by email to the Internal Competition Secretary at least two days prior to the competition. Receipt of entry will be acknowledged by email
- Where the competition specifies digital images –
- The image should not exceed 1600 (wide) by 1200 (high) pixels when displayed. If you are uncertain how to reduce the size of your images, instructions for resizing can be obtained from the Internal Competition Secretary.
- The image should be in JPG format and with minimum compression.
- The PDI images must be in s RGB format.
- The name of the author, title and date the photograph was taken should be embedded in the file metadata.
- Submission – digital images (in PDI size) conforming to the requirements in paragraph 8 above must be sent by email to the Internal Competition Secretary at least two days prior to the competition. Receipt of entry will be acknowledged by email
- Click on the link below for instructions how to achieve the requirements in paragraph 8:
Creating PDI in PS Elements
- No submissions will be accepted if the above rules in paragraph 8 are not followed. That is for both PDI and Print competitions.